FIREARMS SAFETY TRAINING
The Firearms Act requires that individuals wishing to acquire non-restricted firearms must take the Canadian Firearms Safety Course (CFSC) and pass the tests.
Individuals who wish to acquire restricted firearms must also take the Canadian Restricted Firearms Safety Course (CRFSC) and pass the tests.
CANADIAN RESTRICTED FIREARMS SAFETY COURSE (CRFSC)
In accordance with the Firearms Act, a new firearms safety course focusing on restricted firearms (primarily handguns) was developed and implemented on February 1, 1999. The legislation stipulates that individuals wishing to acquire restricted and/or prohibited firearms must take the Canadian Firearms Safety Course (CFSC) and the Canadian Restricted Firearms Safety Course (CRFSC) and pass the tests.
Topics covered in the CRFSC include:
- the evolution of firearms, major parts, types and actions;
- basic firearms safety practices;
- operating handgun actions;
- firing techniques and procedures for handguns;
- care of restricted firearms;
- responsibilities of the firearms owner/user; and
- safe storage, display, transportation and handling of restricted firearms.
Price includes HST, Student Manual, exam, test and a complimentary lunch.
To enquire about upcoming course dates and fees, please contact:
Barb at email@example.com to pre-arrange an appointment before coming by.