We’re still closed at the present time.
CFSC / CRFSC (Barrie Location)
(consisting of the Canadian Firearms Safety Course & Canadian Restricted Firearms Safety Course)
You must be in possession of a non-restricted PAL to attend the Canadian Restricted Firearms Course (CRFSC)
ONE-STOP Course (Barrie Location)
(consisting of the Canadian Firearms Safety Course to get your PAL and Hunter Education)
To register for One-Stops or CFSC/CRFSC, please see contact information below.
- If only the CFSC (PAL) is required you can select from the ONE-STOP and CFSC/CRFSC dates (1st day). You can also register for Hunter Ed. by itself if you’re planning to hunt with a crossbow only or have already your PAL.
- Extra courses may be added depending on demand
- Pre-registration including payment required for all courses
- Favorable instructor / student ratio of max. 1:12 for CFSC & CRFSC
- Written exam and practical test will be done the same day.
- Special classes can be arranged using our classroom or your facilities for 10-12 participants during the week, weeknights or available weekends. No lunch will be provided for out of town courses.
*You can deduct $20.00 off your fee if you download the Can. Firearms manual to your electronic device (click here for a Link page).
Fees include HST, manuals, exams and tests.
Pre-Registration and the following DEPOSITS are required in advance to guarantee your seat.
- a) CFSC – $190 (Payment in full)
- b) CRFSC – $190 (Payment in full)
- c) Hunter Ed. – $190 (Payment in full)
- d) CFSC & CRFSC – $320 (deposit $150)
- e) CFSC & Hunter Education – $330 (deposit $150)
- f) CFSC/CRFSC/Hunter Education – $450 – (deposit $200.00)
(A light complimentary lunch will be provided for our students at noon)
Several options are available to register for our courses:
- by email and E-transfer
- dropping off deposit at our home in Barrie
- mailing a cheque if time permits
Once deposit has been received your seat is then fully guaranteed.
A time needs to be pre-arranged between 10am – 8pm if you’re planning to sign up at our home. Please contact:
Barb at email@example.com to pre-arrange an appointment before coming by.
Taking the Course:
The non-restricted Canadian Firearms Safety Course (CFSC) begins at 8:00 am. Please arrive at least 15 minutes before starting time. Course consists of 10 hours of instructions with a short break for lunch. Written exam & practical test will be done on the same day.
The restricted Canadian Firearms Safety Course (CRFSC) begins at 8:30 am. and finishes around 5.00 pm. Written exam and practical test will be done at the end of the day.
Ontario Hunter Education Program (OHEP) starts at 8:00 am. Please arrive at least 15 minutes early. There’s a short break for lunch and course is usually finished by 6:00 pm. Written exam will be done on the same day.
NOTE: One I.D. with picture is required for the CFSC, CRFSC and also Hunter Education
- 7 or more days before scheduled date: Full refund (minus $21.00 for the cost of the manual if received before course)
- 7 days or less before scheduled date: No refund. (Please call us immediately if you’re unable to attend, we may be able to find a replacement)
Commerce Park Drive
121 Commerce Park Drive, Barrie, ON L4N 8X1 (see on map or use Mapleview Drive W. exit from HWY. 400)
Barrie Gun Club, 3619 County Road 40, Springwater ON, L4M 4S4 (see on map)