• October 1st, CFSC
• October 2nd, CRFSC
• October 1st & 2nd, CFSC & CRFSC
Dates for Private Groups on request, your facilities or ours. Please contact Baerbel27@rogers.com
CFSC / CRFSC (Barrie Location)
(consisting of the Canadian Firearms Safety Course & Canadian Restricted Firearms Safety Course)
You must be in possession of a non-restricted PAL to attend the Canadian Restricted Firearms Course (CRFSC)
ONE-STOP Course (Barrie Location)
(consisting of the Canadian Firearms Safety Course to get your PAL and Hunter Education)
To register for One-Stops or CFSC/CRFSC, please see contact information below.
- If only the CFSC (PAL) is required you can select from the ONE-STOP and CFSC/CRFSC dates (1st day). You can also register for Hunter Ed. by itself if you’re planning to hunt with a crossbow only or have already your PAL.
- Extra courses may be added depending on demand
- Pre-registration including payment required for all courses
- Favorable instructor / student ratio of max. 1:12 for CFSC & CRFSC
- Written exam and practical test will be done the same day.
- Special classes can be arranged using our classroom or your facilities for 10-12 participants during the week, weeknights or available weekends.
Price includes HST, Student Manual, exam and test.
Pre-Registration and the following DEPOSITS are required in advance to guarantee your seat.
- a) CFSC – $190 (Payment in full)
- b) CRFSC – $190 (Payment in full)
- c) Hunter Ed. – $190 (Payment in full)
- d) CFSC & CRFSC – $320 (deposit $150)
- e) CFSC & Hunter Education – $330 (deposit $150)
- f) CFSC/CRFSC/Hunter Education – $450 – (deposit $200.00)
(A light complimentary lunch will be provided for our students at noon)
Several options are available to register for our courses:
- by email and E-transfer
- dropping off deposit at our home in Barrie
- mailing a cheque if time permits
Once deposit has been received your seat is then fully guaranteed.
Registration & deposit payment can be done through email using Interac E-transfer. Messages will be promptly returned.
Taking the Course:
The non-restricted Canadian Firearms Safety Course (CFSC) begins at 8:00 am. Please arrive at least 15 minutes before starting time. Course consists of 10 hours of instructions with a short break for lunch. Written exam & practical test will be done on the same day.
The restricted Canadian Firearms Safety Course (CRFSC) begins at 8:30 am. and finishes around 5.00 pm. Written exam and practical test will be done at the end of the day.
Ontario Hunter Education Program (OHEP) starts at 8:00 am. Please arrive at least 15 minutes early. There’s a short break for lunch and course is usually finished by 6:00 pm. Written exam will be done on the same day.
NOTE: One I.D. with picture is required for the CFSC, CRFSC and also Hunter Education
- 14 days or more day before course date, full refund
- 14 days or less, no refund
Barrie Gun Club: 3619 County Road 40, Springwater ON, L4M 4S4 (see on map)